SUMMARY OF PRIVACY NOTICE
Independium Corporate Services N.V. (acting under the trade name Liberty Car Rentals, hereafter referred to as “LIBERTY”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice governs the privacy practices of LIBERTY in the United States when you interact with us in connection with rental car reservations. The notice does apply to the handling of your personal information by any LIBERTY entities located inside or outside the United States. If you have questions about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.
How We Collect Information
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including via:
- Our websites, mobile sites and applications
- Customer service, including by email &phone
- Partner travel sites and applications
- Rental location counters
- Events or other promotions
- Our parent and affiliate companies
- Business partners
- Corporate customers
Information We Collect
The information we collect may include:
- Your LIBERTY account and contact information
- Credit or debit card details
- Government-issued ID number
- Rental transaction details and history with LIBERTY
- Information you share with us via social media
- Geo-location of the device using LIBERTY apps
- Website and app usage data
- Information provided to us by third parties
- Images that we may capture via video monitoring at our locations
- Vehicle operation and location data
- Marketing preferences
- Frequent flyer or travel partner affiliations
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Facilitate your rental reservation worldwide
- Manage your LIBERTY memberships, account profile and card
- Maintain a record of your rentals
- Provide customer support
- Offer and tailor products and services
- Manage events and promotions
- Operate and evaluate our business and marketing programs
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies, and enforce our rights
We may share the information we collect with:
- Service providers that perform services for us
- Travel agents, brokers and booking engines
- Independent LIBERTY-branded locations and websites
- Corporate members of our rental programs
- Loyalty programs and other business partners
- Online ad networks
- Credit reporting and fraud prevention agencies
- Government authorities or others, as required by law
Independium Corporate Services N.V. (acting under the trade name Liberty Car Rentals, hereafter referred to as “LIBERTY”) respects your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect when you interact with us in connection with rental car reservations in the United States, and how LIBERTY collects, uses, retain and discloses your personal information. This Privacy Notice does apply to the handling of your personal information by any LIBERTY entities located inside and outside the United States, and by independent operators of LIBERTY-branded locations or websites.
You may connect with LIBERTY via our website, www.libertycarrentals.com, our mobile site and application, via our Facebook page and other social media assets, or by calling our customer service center.
SCOPE OF THE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by LIBERTY when you interact with us in connection with rental car reservations inside and outside the U.S. LIBERTY is (becoming) a global brand with operations and locations throughout the world, and this Privacy Notice applies to LIBERTY affiliates outside worldwide.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this website, our mobile site and applications, travel sites with which we collaborate, at the rental location counters we operate, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent or affiliate companies, business partners (including travel vendors), corporate customers and other third parties.
You may choose not to provide some or all of your personal information to us,but doing so may prevent us from providing our services to you, or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would otherwise expect from us.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, company, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Emergency contact information (such as name and phone number)
- Username and password for the account you may establish on libertycarrentals.com or through our mobile applications
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Identification details (such as your photograph, a copy of your Driver’s License and the information, Passport number, date of birth and frequent flyer or travel partner affiliations)
- Rental transaction details (such as the location where the car was rented, reservation number, where and when the car was returned to LIBERTY, payment arrangements, insurance preferences and personal insurance information, gas consumption, mileage, license plate numbers of rented vehicles, and other information related to the vehicle rental)
- Vehicle operation details, including data retrieved in the event of an accident, damage to the vehicle or similar incidents
- Accident information, including statements about the details of an accident
- Rental history with LIBERTY, including any accidents or violations involving our cars
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including by linking your social media account to your LIBERTY account or by using social login features
- Geo-location information, such as, with your consent, the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
- Communications with you relating to customer service inquiries and complaints
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in thecourse of participating in surveys or promotional offers
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties, such as by your employer or insurance provider
Please note that some of our rental locations are equipped with video monitoring for security purposes, which may capture your image while you are on our property.
In addition, when you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we, along with our service providers, may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected deviceto uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings inthe browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. Our emails may also contain web beacons.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture and Google Analytics), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
On our websites, we may collect information about your online activities. Youmay see certain ads on this and other sites because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks may include third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors, social networks, and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies, which may apply to these third-party programs.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other do-not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Facilitate your rental vehicle reservation (including, for example, by helping you identify the closest LIBERTY location using the geo-location of your mobile device)
- Register you for a LIBERTY profile, including the LIBERTY card, and manage and maintain your account
- Process, validate, confirm, verify and monitor your rental reservations (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting youabout reservations)
- Maintain a record of your reservations and rentals
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events andpromotions, and offer you related products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to share information with your social network
- Facilitate your communications with us, through social networks and other interactive media
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobileapplications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifyingpotential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share the information we collect with:
- Businesses that provide services on our behalf (such as identity verification services, payment processors or debt collection agencies)
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent, broker or booking engine, in relation to any aspect of your rental
- Independent operators of LIBERTY-branded locations and websites (i.e., licensees or franchisees) for use in providing the products or services you have requested, and to communicate with you regarding such products and services
- Your company or organization if you use our services under a corporatemembership or other commercial account
- Our loyalty program partners, and other business or marketing partners
- Financial institutions that issue and process credit and debit cards, in connection with payment card transactions
- Credit reporting and fraud prevention agencies
- The government or private organizations responsible of the processing or handling of traffic or parking related violations
- Driver licensing authorities directly or through intermediary organizations, when needed to verify compliance with LIBERTY’s safe driver criteria for qualified drivers and/or to verify license information
We may also disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspectedor actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We also may share the information about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.